11/19/2007

Just Another Manic Monday...

Every time someone drops me a note to tell me how much they've enjoyed my books, it's like opening an unexpected present. It's a little boost of affirmation and sometimes it arrives just as I'm despairing of ever writing another interesting word. So, thank you, Denise, Kim, Rachel, Marsha and Claire...and everyone else. I really needed that!



Oh, joy! There's a story on the news saying the robbery rate in Greensboro has doubled from last year. Yeah. Tell me about it! I suppose I'll have to wait for Karma to catch up with Slime-O
That's okay. What goes around comes around...

Tomorrow the Eldest Unnamed One returns home for Thanksgiving break and the festivities begin. Egg rolls, Turkey, Ham, Macaroni and Cheese with Tomatoes and Bacon, Sweet Potato Casserole, Fruit Salad, Apple pie, Roasted Potatoes...a carb lovers version of Heaven. We're brining the Turkey in an apple cider concoction and baking it with an apple cider glaze. I spent the morning shopping for all the ingredients while also trying to use my coupons to spend the least amount of money. So, I spent $100 (not just on Thanksgiving but on the week's groceries) and "saved" $68 with coupons and specials. Not bad.

It's the little victories that keep me going...Until I can get back here that is...

No comments: