11/15/2007

My Life as an INTJ

Speaking of Introverts, Extroverts and other personality types...

My friend, Teena, found a simple, quick version of the traditional Myers-Briggs Personality Inventory and included it in her blog the other day. I liked the test because not only did it include a bit about your personality type, it also talked about how best to "love" each type and had tips for parenting the different types.

I'm an INFP


(Introvert, Intuitive, Feeler, Perceiver)

People of this type tend to be: quiet, reserved, and kind; deeply passionate, sensitive, and easily hurt; loving and dedicated to those close to them; creative, original, and imaginative; curious and flexible in small matters; nonconforming.

The most important thing to INFPs is their deeply held beliefs and living in harmony with their values.



How to Love an INFP


* Appreciate my uniqueness and sensitivity.

* Be a patient and supportive listener.

* Respect my privacy and my need for emotional intimacy.

* Be reassuring and gentle in your words and actions.

* Try not to force decisions too quickly, or bug me about being messy.

* Above all - respect my feelings and never demand that I compromise my values.

SpeedReading INFPs


The key to success lies in your ability to quickly size others up, and speak their language. Here are just a few clues for SpeedReading (understanding) and SpeedReaching (communicating with) INFPs.

How to Spot INFPs:

* idealistic with deep yet private passions

* creative and imaginative

* initially hesitant and cautious

* original, even funky dressers

Tips for Communicating with INFPs:

* Share genuine beliefs and values to establish rapport

* Respect their slower warm time and need for privacy

* Emphasize the ways ideas will benefit others


Thanks, Teena! That was fun!

No comments: