11/25/2007

Turkey Day Hangover...

Oh, that wonderful Thanksgiving hangover. You know the one- The Turkey Day hangover that means your house looks like a hurricane hit it. You find yourself recoiling every time you open the refrigerator door because after 3 days everything smells and tastes like dead turkey. You stopped being on your best behavior sometime around 9:17 Saturday morning and by Saturday afternoon you were seriously contemplating knocking off a few family members. And this morning, I woke up with a cold and a dying laptop.

Don't complicate this by going to Costco. There is no "Goodwill Toward Men" at Costco the Sunday after Turkey Day. It's more like someone released fire-breathing dragons into a roman coliseum for a no-holds-barred battle to the death.

In an attempt to recoup- I ordered pizza for dinner. We ate in the kitchen where, despite the clean-out, things still smelled off. Even with a cold they smelled off to me. Know why? Somebody, God help us, pooped under the kitchen table!

I just hope it was one of the dogs.

Maybe they've had it with Turkeys too.

I really do love the togetherness of the holidays. Really. I do. Did I mention the fabulous dinner the Eldest Unnamed One made for us last night? Or the Margaritas Marti and I downed while playing Apples to Apples with the kids? Or the funny things they say when they're all together, home for the holidays?



It's just the clean up I can't stand. The clean-up, the chaos, the cold...and the dead laptop.

But oh, did we have fun!

It may have been a mess and I may feel a bit crabby now- but damn, we had fun!

So yeah, a month from now, I'll be right back here, crabby, exhausted and still smiling from the good times I had doing the Holiday thing all over again.

Now, where did I put those Chicken Wire Light Balls? And has anybody seen the twinkle light reindeer?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would bet money that Beloved did it!

Thanks for the tips, I will give them a try, and I agree completely with you about telling the story before it is written, that has always ruined writing it for me.

I wish you a Merry Christmas season Nancy, and I look forward to continue reading your blog (hopefully everyday).

Nancy said...

Oh, Random! You set the bar so high! EVERY day?! I was looking forward to the end of Nablomo month and now...sigh! I'll try, but you'd better send us some of your photos...along with a one paragraph description!