2/08/2007

Mouth of Marti...

When I grow up, I want to have Marti's mouth!

This morning, the guy from the Toyota place, Tony, calls and Marti answers the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is Gary there?"

Marti: "No, I'm sorry, he's not."

Tony: "Oh, well this is Tony from the Toyota Place and we're having a big event Saturday afternoon to showcase the new Toyota Tundra and we want to invite him since he's a Tundra owner."

Marti: "Oh? So you aren't inviting me?"

There's a pause while Tony tries to think up an answer but Marti's too quick for him-

"Is this a men-only event or don't you think women would be interested in trucks? Because if that's what you're thinking, you're wrong. I'm the one who drives the Tundra. It's mine." She sighs. "Well, I guess it's still a man's world, isn't it?!"

"Well, ma'am, I'm sorry. I guess the list they gave me just had Gary's name on it and so I was just..."

"I know, you were just doing what you were told to do. You didn't even think to question the list. That's because you're a man and that's how men think. Tell me something, are there only men's names on that list?"

"Well, yes, ma'am, there sure are. I'm going to look into this..."

"Won't do you a bit of good," Marti snaps. "Because it was a man who gave you that list, wasn't it?"

Tony is floored. "Why, you're right, it was a man."

"That's what I thought!" Marti says, and starts to hang up.

"Uh, Ma'am? Wait! Could I please just ask you just one favor?"

"What's that?"

"Would you please, please, please come down to the Toyota place this Saturday afternoon between 3 and 5 and ask for me, Tony?"

"And why would I do that?"

"I just gotta meet the woman that goes with that mouth!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marti sounds like a damn Yankee.

Nancy said...

Nope! West Virginia girl and cowgirl through and through! Marti could fit in at a formal ball or a barn raisin'. She's a hell of a gal!

Heather said...

Hi Nancy..

That is so awesome! I think we all need to have mouths like Marti just to make people stop and question things every so often! I sure hope that she does go on Saturday..:)