2/01/2007

Snow Stew and Young Love

We was robbed! We came looking for a party and all we got were a few lame flakes and the threat of an ice storm! On the good side, school was canceled and a big pot of snow stew prepared.

Snow stew is the weather good luck dance we do around here for luck with snow forecasts. I believe this is why we were cheated today- I didn't start making the stew until the morning of the alleged snow, not the night before.

If only I'd started sooner!

Usually I make spaghetti two days before the alleged event. I make extra sauce and use it as a base for the stew but this morning I started from scratch.

I browned a pound of ground beef with half a chopped onion. In the meantime I cooked half a bag of dried Lima beans. When the meat was done, I drained the grease, added a jar of spaghetti sauce, 2 cans of creamed corn, 4 cans of baked beans, 2T brown sugar, 1 T or so dark Karo syrup, 1/2 c. ketchup and when they were done, the Lima beans. We let it simmer for about an hour and then we feasted.

Oh, it was wonderful.

The Eldest Unnamed One later revealed he'd eaten at least five bowls over the course of the day.

Five bowls of basically, beans.

Fortunately, he's over at his beloved's home for the evening. Otherwise, things might've turned explosive around here.

Beans, beans good for your heart...Hope they're good for young love as well!

No comments: