8/10/2006

Further Proof of My Father's Brilliance

You do know I live in a nursing home, right?

I mean, I spend 5 days a week with my dad in the assisted living facility and 1 or 2 days a week working in three nursing homes.

I am one with the old people.

I am even more forgetful than usual.

Last week I arrived at Dad's without the power cord to my laptop. This week, when I reminded him to write down the meds he'd just taken, he looked up at me and said, "At least I didn't forget the cord to my laptop!"

Smartass!

Of course, as I've said before, he is the smartest man in the universe. Want further proof?
My birthday was this week and we were talking about the different decades and how it felt to be in our 20s, 30s and 40s. So I asked him, "Dad, what did you do in your fifties?"

"Quit shaking," he said, and smiled.

No comments: