1/27/2008

The Mystery Continues...Why Iron a Tree?

 

jan2708 006

I just couldn't leave it alone.  This morning, I had to go take another picture, then retrieve it from its home in the Y of the tree beside the spring box.

jan2708 007

"You've gotta see this!" I told Mertis...

And then I stepped on the 3" long, rusty nail sticking out of a piece of old barn siding.  It went right through my shoe, right into my foot.

Mertis was such the First Responder.  "Have you had a tetanus shot in the past five years?" she asks.

"Yeah, sure," I say...But really, who is that sure? Did I? Wait, is my jaw starting to tingle? Is it...?  Could it be tightening? IS MY JAW LOCKING UP???

The nail went through my brand new tie-dyed purple sock!  But not much further than that.  "It's just a flesh wound!" I tell her bravely. "It didn't hit an artery but any closer and it would've killed me."

Mertis just rolls her eyes.

 

Technorati Tags:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If the iron in the tree isn't a story idea being handed to you, I don't know what is. It's obviously a...murder weapon?...marking the location of a tryst?...etc.
And you better make sure you've had a tetanus shot.