1/10/2008

What Next?

It is time to re-evaluate some things.  Maybe everything.

jan408 040

These two can handle themselves.  They've got everything they need, all the tools and now, it's time for them to step out and put into practice all the lessons they've learned.  My work here is finished...I mean sure, sometimes you need to talk to your mom about things, but Need me in order to survive- no.  That part of my job is done.

So it's time to take a hard look at the next phase of my life.  It's time to worry about me.  It's time to drag out the old 20 year plan and set some goals.  Time to clear out some baggage, plow up the old field and decide what to plant in the dirt.

The good news is, all that shit I've been hanging on to for years makes great fertilizer for something good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A good book for those examining their lives in an effort find the way forward:
LET YOUR LIFE SPEAK--Listening for the Voice of Vocation
by Parker S. Palmer

Alternatively, these lyrics from the Eagles song, Take It Easy
Lighten up while you still can
Don't even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand
And take it easy