6/18/2008

An Entire Week of Country Life

 

010

 

Tomorrow I'm off for an entire week in the little cabin in Southwest, Va.  Maybe I'll be able to do something about the garden...

005

Yeah, right.

Wait until you see the poor withered tomato plants attempting to grow out of the "Self-Watering" planters- the expensive ones I ordered from the gardening catalog. When I saw them last week, I think I was too traumatized to snap a photo.

That's what comes of being an "absentee" gardener, I suppose.

But my absenteeism has been good for the Eastern Phebe, nesting above the back door. My friends who went up and stayed last weekend reported she was right upset to find them trying to share the porch with her.  Must be a little family up there in that nest.

Always a silver lining!

035

 

No comments: