11/14/2007

Phases of Life- Boys to Men






The Unnamed Ones have taken up cooking. The Eldest Unnamed One has been at it for a couple of years, but with the arrival of Gordon Ramsey and Kitchen Nightmares, the Youngest Unnamed One has also become enamoured of the culinary arts.

They want to open a restaurant. Together. The two of them. The same two who fought like cats and dogs every day of their childhood. I can't tell you how many times I had the "Friends come and go but family is forever" and the "One day I'll be gone..." talk. I'm not proud of pulling the guilt card but desperate times called for desperate measures.

Anyway, in light of these recent developments, I decided to ask the two if they'd like to each make a dish to go with Thanksgiving dinner.

The Eldest is on it. The last time I checked, he was thinking he'd make Mac and Cheese with Bacon.

The Youngest weighed in last night. We'll be having Turkey, Mac and Cheese and Egg Rolls.

Cool, huh?

After dinner, I'll kick their asses at...er...I mean, I'll introduce them to the card game, Phase-10.

Life is good.

No comments: